• Concept Artist with 7+ years Freelance Games Industry & Publishing experience.
• Able to work on a multitude of different subjects to various levels of completion.
• Traditional art skills: oil painting, acrylic painting, watercolor, pencils, ink, charcoal, markers.
• Software: Adobe Photoshop, SketchUp, Daz3D.
• Character & Environment design, hard surface design, soft surface design/creatures, UI, Game assets & prop design.
• Storyboarding, production concept art, traditional tools used for conceptualizing designs, as well as digital.
Lead Concept artist 05/2017-10/2017
Art lead responsibilities ; supervising 3D artists and approving 3D models, making sure they stay true to design and game brand before it's forwarded to the art director for final approval.
Creating concept art for environments, characters, weapons, props and vehicles.
Creating visual solutions for game mechanics, character roles and general problem solving.
Illustration splash artwork for promotional purposes and in game art.
Freelance Concept Artist and Illustrator 07/2010-Present
Freelance artist doing conceptual art for video games, board games, toys, books and magazines.
Created product and industrial design, vehicles, environments, characters and any other type of conceptual design needed for either PC, mobile games or apps.
SOS Children's Safety Magazine 05/2013-03/2016
Freelance Lead Illustrator & Comic Artist
Worked for the Canadian children's safety magazine as the lead illustrator and comic artist.
Creating monthly front cover illustrations, and any other assets needed for their online & offline publications.
The Dragon Empire LLC 08/2015-09/2016
Lead Concept Artist
Part of The Dragon Empire development team where I was responsible for all aspects of visual design which included the look and feel of the game, User interface, conceptual design as well as promotional illustration.
The game has been around since 2008 and is currently under development and is being remade for mobile devices as well as PC.
Freelance Graphic Designer 2003-Present
Occasionally I create Logos, Web Design & User interface, as well as vector illustration, both for PC & mobile devices.
Digital Media & Graphic Design (3 years training)
Some college, drawing and painting art classes both online, and in art school.